SHARE (Safe, Healthy, Affordable and Reliable Energy) is a non-profit coalition of organizations committed to ensuring the continued supply of reliable, clean and affordable electricity for all New Yorkers. High electricity prices have placed an undue economic burden on New York families and businesses, while poor air quality has led to high asthma rates which place our most vulnerable at risk. SHARE, and its member organizations, are committed to working with local stakeholders in the New York metropolitan area to address these problems and provide all New Yorkers with the clean and affordable power they deserve.
All of New York City, Rockland, Suffolk, Westchester and Orange Counties violate federal standards for clean and healthy air. Scientific studies have repeatedly shown that the pollutants responsible for these violations are linked to increased levels of asthma and heart attacks, lung cancer and premature death. What’s more, low-income populations, minorities and children living in inner cities are disproportionately affected by asthma.
New York also has the highest electricity prices in the nation outside of Hawaii, placing a tremendous burden on many of its residents.
SHARE Advisory Board
- A. Bill Howell – Howell Industries Inc.
- Dr. Frank P. Flores – Urgicare Medical Associates, Inc.
- Michael Nairne – Chicago Equity Partners
- Leonard Burnett – Uptown Magazine
- Peter Spinella – NYC Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Matthew P. Aracich – The Heat and Frost Insulators, Local Union 12
- Richard Harley – The Pinnacle Group
- Christopher Black – New England Construction
- Mark O’Luck – Spectrum Communications
- 100 Black Men of New York
- Bronx Chamber of Commerce
- Brooklyn Branch NAACP
- Brooklyn (Kings County) Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Casa Publications
- Chicago Equity Partners
- Denny Moe’s Superstar Barbershop
- Gran Piatto D’Oro
- Hispanics in Real Estate and Construction
- Howell Industries Inc.
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters Joint Council 16
- International Union of Operating Engineers-Local 14
- JK Pescow & Co., CPA’s
- La Corsa Pizzeria & Ristorante
- Latino Commission on AIDS
- Hispanic Marketing and Advertising Group Inc.
- Manhattan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Minority Business Development Institute
- Mason Tenders District Council
- National Association of Neighborhoods
- National Hispanic Business Group
- National Minority Business Council
- Neighborhood Association for Intercultural Affairs
- New England Construction
- New York Academic Cultural Technology & Scientific Olympics
- New York City District Council of Carpenters
- New York City Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- New York State Council of Machinists
- New York State Laborers
- Regional Aid for Interim Needs
- Sipan Construction CO, Corp.
- South Bronx Board of Trade
- The Heat and Frost Insulators, Local Union 12
- The Pinnacle Group
- Vida Vibrante
- Uptown Magazine
- Urgicare Medical Associates, Inc.
- U.S. Black Chamber, Inc.